Privacy & Legal
Returns and Refunds Policy
We supply physical goods
Please carefully read and follow all instructions that come with our goods. For example, any documents that help you use our goods.
If you order the goods in advance, we may charge you a reasonable deposit. You will forfeit this deposit if you cancel the order within 10 days before the agreed upon delivery date.
Cooling-off period for electronic transactions
Section 44 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act may apply to your electronic transactions. If you qualify as a consumer under the ECT Act, you may be entitled to cancel some electronic transactions within seven days, without reason or penalty. 'Cancel' means each party will be placed in the same position that they were in before the transaction took place. This means that you have to return a new, unused good, and we will refund the purchase price. Section 44 is only applicable if you are a natural person – in other words, a human being. You must also be the end user of the goods or service. The transaction must be an electronic transaction — a transaction concluded via (in whole or in part) the website, email, or SMS.
Return of goods in terms of cooling-off period
You must return any goods in new condition with all original packaging and materials (including any accessories or parts). We will refund the purchase price of the goods within 30 days of the date of cancellation.
Returns within 30 days
We want you to be happy with your purchase, and we understand if you suddenly have a change of heart. You may return most of our products in their new, unopened condition within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. Please see below for information in how to return an item, how to package the return and how we process your refund. Please log a return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Incorrect item delivered
We do our best to ensure the product information, availability, purchase price and associated delivery times and fees are accurately reflected on our site. Please notify us within 7 days by logging a return via email to email@example.com
However, should we accidentally deliver the wrong product to you or if the product is not as described on the website, or is missing any parts:
- Please do not remove the product from its original packaging or any of the stickers or labels.
- Notify us as immediately and we will collect the product from you at no charge.
We will at your choosing give you the following options
- Deliver the correct item to you as soon as possible (if available)
- Issue a refund.
Goods arrived damaged
If your goods arrive damaged, missing any parts or accessories, or inoperable, then we will do our best to resolve the issue. Please notify us within 7 days (the sooner the better) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will require the following information:
- Photograph of the outer box (including whether it has a Fragile sticker or not);
- Photograph of the inside of the box, including the inner packaging; and
- Photograph of the damaged item.
If necessary, we will arrange collection of the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product or photographs and validated your return (if needed), we will, according to your preference:
- Deliver the correct item to you as soon as possible (if available)
- Issue a refund.
How to return an item
Our Customer Support team will be in touch to confirm the details.
- You may drop off the item at our head office or retail stores. There is no cost associated with this.
- You may select a pick-up date and the item will be collected from you. We may charge a fee for this service.
How to package an item you want to return
The returning product must be packed, in its original packaging, in another box with as much padding and protective packaging as possible so that it can travel safely back to us.
If the returning product has not been packaged properly and is damaged, then we simply cannot give you a refund. It is your responsibility to package the item correctly.
How we process your refund
Returns within 30 days
You will be offered a product exchange. If you specifically require another form of refund (i.e. credit card or EFT), a 5% fee of the refund amount may be charged. Refunds are handled within 8 to 10 working days of logging the return (refunds can take up to 3 working days to reflect in your account once processed due to banking timelines).
Refunds are handled within 8 to 10 working days of logging the return (refunds can take up to 3 working days to reflect in your account once processed due to banking timelines). Replacements may take longer as these are dependent on availability.
Our goods warranty
We warrant that all our goods are new and of good quality unless we clearly describe them as used or reconditioned or as having specific defects.
Defective goods are those that had a defect or were unsafe when we supplied them. We highly recommend testing out your purchase as soon as you have received it to make sure that everything is in working order. A defect usually means that the goods were manufactured using materials, components or workmanship below an acceptable standard. You must prove that goods are defective.
Inspection of defective goods
Suitably qualified examiner
A customer that believes goods are defective should contact us and we will use a suitably qualified examiner to examine the goods and produce a report for us to consider. We will not charge you for this service.
Our examination duties
Our third-party suppliers are trained to recognise any defects in their goods. They can usually tell if the goods have been misused, for example if they have been neglected, damaged, altered or not used according to instructions. Our third-party suppliers will give reasons if they refuse to accept that we supplied defective goods, but will only do this if they honestly believe the goods have been misused.
Invalidation of warranties and right to return unsuitable goods
Warranties on any of our goods will be invalid if any person who is not suitably qualified has opened, tampered with or altered the goods contrary to the instructions or removed the warranty label. This also applies to goods found to be unsuitable. It is considered fraud to damage goods deliberately to claim a refund.
Exclusion of industrial use
We only warrant goods for any industrial or unusual commercial use if we clearly state this in writing, for example on the packaging or website.
22. Our returns and refunds procedure
You must use our returns and refunds procedure for returning defective or unsuitable goods, or else we may refuse to accept them.
Our returns and refunds procedure are as follows:
- We've made the returns and exchange process even easier by creating a little self-help online system for you. Simply fill out the form and hit submit. A customer support agent will then get hold of you shortly.
- Any return of physical goods must include all accessories and instructions, and all original packaging that is still available
- Please make sure the goods are in protective packaging as we are not responsible for any damage in transit. If the returning product item has not been packaged properly and is damaged, then we simply cannot give you a refund. It is your responsibility to package the item correctly.
- You may choose to have the item collected by our couriers (at a fee) or drop it off at our office
- If you claim that our goods are defective, our staff will examine the goods for defects. In the case of physical goods, our staff will examine the actual goods. They will report to us whether the goods were defective, were misused, or are of good quality. We do not regard the following as defective:
- If you choose for us to repair or replace the goods or we decide to do so ourselves, we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to organise the necessary steps to repair or replace the goods.
- If you choose for us to make a refund or we decide to do so ourselves, we will contact you and arrange payment of the refunded amount into a bank account of your choice within 30 days of cancellation.
Our customer support department contact details
- Telephone number: 010 006 1000
- Email address: email@example.com
- Address: 25 Peter Road, Rumsig , Johannesburg
- Office hours:
- Monday to Friday 08:00 to 17:30
- Saturday 08:00 to 13:00
- Not open on Public holidays
Trading Terms and Conditions for Branding
- All prices are quoted and invoiced excluding VAT.
- All prices quoted are based on collection only from 548 Heritage View Drive, Muldersdrift, Mogale City, unless otherwise specified.
- Deliveries within Gauteng and Central Cape Town can be arranged at an additional cost.
- All collected orders or own courier are at own risk. Fanél will not be liable for any loss or damages once the order leaves the premises.
- Production lead times are estimate times and can change on short notice due to variable factors. Please advise if an order is required for a specific date and we will try to accommodate as best possible.
- Finale costing will only be confirmed once the final artwork is received.
- Full payment is required to process the order for production, except if payment terms indicate differently.
- Estimate production time will only be calculated once Fanél has received full payment and visual layouts are confirmed by the client and Fanél.
- Quotes are only valid for two (2) weeks.
- Changes in order quantity can effect the production lead time.
- Any order that was approved for production but then canceled, will be charged and invoiced for the work and handling already done.
- Orders that are required to be completed outside of the normal production lead times can be requested, but a RUSH fee will be charged.
- Any shortages, damages or misprints which are reported within the 48-hour time frame and account for less than 1% of the order quantity, will not be rebranded, but will be credited or refunded.
- Lead times will differ depending on branding method e.g. silkscreen printing, sublimation or engraving.
- No stock will be reserved until payment is received.
- Special packaging or assembling needs to be requested or arranged before final quote approval, as additional costs may incur or influence delivery date.
- Any errors or queries on branded stock must be reported in writing with in 48 hours from date of stock received.
Stock Supplied for Branding by Client (Non-Fanél items/stock)
- Fanél will take no liability for any stock imperfections, damages or breakages during production. All damaged or broken stock will be returned to the client on request in advance.
- Previously branded items sent for rebranding may get damaged, or effect the colour of the current print. Fanél will not be held liable to replace items.
- Stock or samples delivered by the client must be delivered to the branding warehouse (548 Heritage View Drive, Muldersdrift). No other Fanél warehouse will accept any stock, if not arranged and approved in advance.
- Correct and complete paperwork must accompany all deliveries.
- All labels, barcodes, lids or tags on each item must be removed before delivery. If not, additional removal costs will be charged and delay production time.
- Fanél will not take any responsibility for checking supplied stock. Stock will be accepted unchecked and be placed in the production warehouse until scheduled for branding. A handling fee of R150.00 - R500.00 excl (pending order size) will be charged if a client requires Fanél to check received stock from a 3rd party.
- Extra stock must be supplied to provide for any breakages during production and all extra branded pieces will be invoiced.
- Excess stock will be send back to client as no stock will stored in the branding warehouse after order is completed.
- Samples will only be produced and supplied on request at an additional cost and will add to the estimated production lead time.
- Estimate sample lead time is 3-5 working days for visual layout approval and pending on the artwork complexity.
- Sample colours may slightly differ from the final production run, as sample colours are mixed on a smaller scale, hand decorated and fired. Final production runs are done on larger scales and equipment.
Silkscreen Printing / Hand Application / Kiln Firing Curing
- Fanél promotes silkscreen decorating on glassware and ceramic, as it is more trade durable and dishwasher safe. Multiple application options are also available e.g. base, handle and foot printing.
- Print sizes outside the below standard parameters may influence pricing.
Standard industry cups: one (1) side 80x80mm ; wrap: 80mm x 220mm Standard industry glass: one (1) side 50x50mm.
- Pantone colours will be matched as close as possible, but ceramic and glass colours have limitations. Matched pantone colours can appear one (1) tone lighter or darker. Therefore, Fanél can not guarantee a 100% colour match.
- Shading or gradients are done by DPI (small dots spread) and will not be as smooth as gradients on a CMYK print.
- Lighter pantone colours like whites and pastels will be effected when printing on coloured mugs or clear glass.
- Printing costs do not include Metallic, Real Gold, Pink or Purple, except when stated.
- Prints are applied by hand and not machine decorated. Please reference international silkscreen standards of acceptance.
- Estimate lead times: 1-1000 units +/- 5-7 working days; 1001- 5000 units +/- 7-10 working days; 5000+ units +/- 10-14 working days.
- These are only indication times and may differ when considering artwork complexity, factory capacity and client requirements.
- Fanél recommends sublimation printing for small runs of a 100 units or less, with multiple colours
- Curing is done with a heat applicator onto a sublimated coated mug. We can not guarantee dishwasher safety or durability period.
- Print sizes on standard quotes: One (1) 80mm x 220mm side/wrap.
- Fanél will not be liable for low quality print due to low quality artwork supplied. Artwork of (>1200 DPI) will affect the quality of the print.
- Colours might differ with each print, as each mug is sublimated individually and variances may occur.
- Estimate lead times: 1-1000 units +/- 1-3 working days; 1001- 4000 units +/- 4-7 working days; 4000+ units +/- 10-14; working days. or pending factory capacity on day of order placement.
- Artwork must be supplied in a Vector data format and be compatible with CorelDrawX19. All fonts need to be curved or the correct font file must be supplied.
- A conversion fee will be charged if an artwork is supplied that does not meet the Fanél Artwork Requirements
- Fanél will not be held liable for any layout, spelling or pantone colour errors once approved by the client.
- Layouts/Logos are done as per the clients request. If a manual /guideline is not supplied, Fanél will not be liable if branding is rejected by the owner due to incorrect logo/colour/ position or size.
- Visual layout lead time is 1-2 working days depending on the complexity of the order artwork or development.
- Artwork setup includes one (1) visual layout and thereafter one (1) change. Any further amendments will be charged at R150.00 excl per change.
- Any amendments made to a visual layout will result in extended lead times.
- Once a visual layout has been approved and silkscreens made, changes will be charged accordingly and will extend lead times.
- Silkscreen printing artwork must be supplied in a Vector data format and be compatible with CorelDraw x19 or older.
- Sublimation artwork pictures must be a minimum of 1200 DPI for a high quality print.
- Engraving artwork must be supplied in a Vector data format and be compatible with CorelDraw x19 or older.
- All fonts need to be curved or the correct font file needs to be supplied.
- White print elements must be identified and will be represented by a light pink on visual layouts.